Thank you for supporting the professions through your annual MSHA membership. Your active membership demonstrates your commitment to MSHA’s mission to serve and advocate for needs of speech-language pathologists and audiologists and the clients we serve.
What does your annual MSHA membership fee really buy?
- MSHA member registration discounts for all MSHA continuing education programs and conferences. Programs qualify for ASHA CEUs, MDH or BOT clock hours.
- Web resources, including six newsletters annually, a career center area, an online membership directory, clinical resource links, special interest group e-mail discussion forums, legislation action alerts, committee minutes and professional documents, links to Executive and Policy Council members, FAQs, and occasional e-mail blasts announcing time-sensitive issues.
- Networking opportunities through participation in e-mail discussion forums, conference attendance, committee/council/project involvement, and access to colleagues through the online membership directory.
- Legislative advocacy and effective representation to Minnesota lawmakers, the Minnesota Department of Education and Board of Teaching, the Minnesota Department of Health and Department of Human Services, third party payer sources, consumer and public education.
- Your presence in decision-making that impacts our professions through your involvement in the MSHA annual business meeting at Spring Convention, committee or task involvement, and the opportunity to serve on the MSHA Policy and Executive Councils.
- Access to ASHA networks and liaisons such as the State Education Advocacy Leaders (SEAL), the State Advocates for Reimbursement (STAR), the State Advocates for Medicare Policy (StAMP) and our State ASHA liaison, Janet Deppe.
New Member Benefit: MSHA Mentorship Program
MSHA is developing a mentorship program to connect professionals and students or clinical fellows/externs.
- Afford mentees an avenue to obtain career advice
- Prepare mentees to manage future work-life balance issues
- Develop professional connections across generations
Interested mentors and mentees, please download the mentorship form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.