MSHA serves as the intermediary between your organization and ASHA to provide attendees of your event with continuing education credits. To apply for credits, follow the instructions below.
Procedures for cooperative continuing education events:
- Download and fill out the Application for ASHA CE Approval, along with "Conflict of Interest” forms for each instructional personnel and persons involved with the planning process. Completed forms need to be sent with a processing payment of $625 at least six (6) weeks prior to your event’s start date. Please note: Not filling in all sections of the form may result in the delay or rejection of your application.
- For questions on how to fill out the application, view the example CE form.
- Send your Application for ASHA CE Approval, all supporting documents, and your $625 payment to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: CE Administrator, or to the address listed below. The CE Administrator will be in contact with you to ensure that all necessary documentation has been received.
- The CE Administrator will provide you with the required ASHA logo and text. This logo and text MUST appear on all documentation and marketing material you send out regarding your event (Web and printed material). No changes or additions should be made to the text or logo.
- The CE Administrator will inform you when your application for ASHA CE credits is complete and when these materials have been sent to ASHA for approval. At this time, the CE Administrator will provide you with the ASHA CEU Participant Form. This form needs to be provided to each participant who attends your event. These forms also need to be collected at the end of your event and sent back to the MSHA office within one (1) week of the end of your event. The forms should be mailed, in alphabetical order by last name, to:
Minnesota Speech-Language-Hearing Association
1000 Westgate Drive, Suite 252
St. Paul, MN 55114
- A cooperative organization’s event cannot fall on the same day as a MSHA event.
- No cooperative agreement may be executed within one (1) week on either side of a MSHA event.
- All materials for CE approval must be in the MSHA office by at least six (6) weeks prior to the cooperating organization’s event.
- All materials completed by attendees at the cooperating organization’s event must be turned in to the MSHA office at least one (1) week after the event.